Cleveland Indians Top 10 Prospects
Note: This page will refresh itself automatically every two minutes.

Moderator: Jim Ingraham will begin taking your questions at 3 p.m. ET

Q:  Dave Rook from Buffalo, NY asks:
Jim- what are the real expectations for P Jeremy Guthrie who seemed to struggle in Triple A when he didn't have perfect location. Does he project more as a #4,5 starter? thanks
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Dave, The expectations for Guthrie have been scaled back, but only slightly. Originally Indians officials hoped he'd be ready to compete for a spot in the starting rotation in spring training. But because he struggled so much at Buffalo last year, he is not a candidate for the major league rotation now, but could be in the second half of the season, assuming his performance at Buffalo improves.

Q:  Russ from Whitestone, NY asks:
The Indians have Victor Martinez for C, but what are they going to do with Ryan Garko and Javi Herrera? Trade bait if they perform well?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: You know the old saying, "You can never have enough pitching''? Well you also can never have enough catching. The Indians like both Garko and Herrera, Garko more for his bat, Herrera more for his glove. Garko will likely start the 2004 season at Lake County and Herrera at Kinston. Even though the Indians appear well fortified at that position with Martinez and Josh Bard, you never know when injuries, or a potential trade (Bard?) may surface, so having a couple of other good catching prospects in the system is a plus.

Q:  Dave from Maryland asks:
What are the chances of Brad Synder starting 2004 in A Kinston?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Snyder will begin the season at Lake County, but with a solid first half he could very easily be moved to Kinston.

Q:  Shad from Icy Western Maryland asks:
Hey There, Who do you project as the Indians starting outfield this year? Where do you see Alex Escobar into the mix? Is he fully recovered and has his speed back? Thanks
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Good question, Shad. The Indians' starting outfield will be determined in spring training. Actually, two of the three spots are set. Milton Bradley will start in center and Jody Gerut in either left or right. The X factor is Matt Lawton. He will have to prove he can play left field, stay healthy, and be a productive bat. If so, he'd be the starter in left and Gerut in right. If Lawton doesn't win the left field spot, then it would probably mean Gerut starts there and Escobar starts in right field. No matter what, though, Escobar will be on the major league roster. He is out of minor league options, and the Indians like his power potential, and ability to play all three outfield positions. Healthwise he is 100 percent. He may not be as fast as he was before he blew his knee out, but he's still an above average runner.

What are the chances of Michael Aubrey starting 2004 in A Kinston or AA Akron?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Aubrey will start the season at Kinston, but he could move fast. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Akron at some point during the season, and even _ if he keeps hitting _ perhaps even at Buffalo.

Q:  justin from houston, TX asks:
It seems the Indians lost a lot of middle infield prospects this off-season (Gonzalez, Luna, Izitrus) and only added one (West) from the Rule 5 draft. Does shortstop-second base appear to be the weak spot within the organization, especially at the upper levels (AA, AAA)?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Indians officials feel they still have enough depth in the middle infield. For 2004, Vizquel and Ron Belliard will play shortstop and second base. Brandon Phillips and Jhonny Peralta are both highly regarded middle infield prospects who will play at Buffalo. Ivan Ochoa, the shortstop at Kinston last year, played so well he was added to the 40-man roster. And second baseman Michah Schilling and third baseman Shaun Larkin, both at Lake County last season, are also highly thought of. Larkin could be a candidate to move to second base, should the need arise.

Will Adam Miller start 2004 in A Lake County?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Yes.

Q:  Justin from Kent, Ohio asks:
Who do you see reaching the majors first: Brad Snyder or Michael Aubrey, and who do you see as the better player?
 A: 

Moderator: Probably Aubrey. He's a more advanced hitter right now, and I'm not sure that Indians officials are completely sold on either Ben Broussard or Travis Hafner as their first baseman of the future. Aubrey is probably a better defensive player than either Broussard or Hafner right now. The Indians have a few young outfielders ahead of Snyder, but he does have more tools than some of them. It's still very early, though, to predict how fast either Aubrey or Snyder will make it.

Q:  Mike Marinaro from Tampa, FL asks:
How good can Cruceta be in the majors? Can he emulate Bartolo Colon, or is that too much of a reach? Also, what are the chances of Fernando Cabrera ending up in the starting rotation, not the bullpen? Thanks.
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: I wouldn't predict any minor league pitcher could duplicate what Colon has done, but Cruceta is an intriguing guy. He has a much better body than Colon, and throws just as hard. I do know that Indians officials like him a lot, and he's not that far from the majors. Cabrera is more of a reliever than a closer, and is a potential candidate to be the Indians' closer of the future.

Q:  Dave from NJ asks:
Who would you rather have...Sizemore or Jeremy Reed?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: I've never seen Jeremy Reed, so I can't compare them. I have seen Sizemore, and he looks like the real deal. Because of the surplus of outfielders on the big league roster, Sizemore will likely spend the bulk of the season at Buffalo, but when he's ready, room will definitely be made for him in the Indians' outfield.

Q:  john from miami asks:
I have heard Aubrey compared to Sean Casey with better defense. Are those comparisons valid and will Aubrey hit for more power then Casey has shown in the majors?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Casey is physically bigger than Aubrey, but both are very good left-handed hitters. Casey hasn't hit for the power that many teams like from their first basemen, and that, by the way, was one of the reasons the Indians were willing to trade him. He is, however, a very accomplished hitter otherwise, as is Aubrey. Scouts always say that power is frequently the last thing to come with a young hitter. In Aubrey's case, how much power he ultimately hits for will likely determine how much of an impact he will make at the major league level.

Q:  jimmy from texas asks:
How good is rafael perez and whats his future look like?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Perez is still very young, but a fairly hard throwing lefty, which is a plus. He was 9-3, 1.70 at Burlington and, I believe, was the Pitcher of the Year in that league. He needs to fill out a little more (6-4, 180), but Indians officials feel he could move fast. He'll be in the starting rotation at Kinston this year.

Q:  Aaron from Cincinnati asks:
Please in the name of Daron Kirkreit answer this question for me....which of the Big Four HS pitchers from 2001 (Denham, Martin, Dittler and Foley) are going to pitch in a Cleveland Indians uniform and which has the most upside?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Daron Kirkreit! Good one! Know who the Astros took with the pick immediately after the Indians took Kirkreit? Billy Wagner. Ouch! Of the Big Four you mentioned, Dittler has emerged from the pack, as the best of them at present. He'll start the 2004 season at Akron. Dittler probably has the most upside, although Martin is still an interesting guy to me. He doesn't throw as hard as the other three, but has a Madduxian feel for pitching. He was shut down near the end of last season with an inflamed elbow, so I'm sure the front office is holding their breath on that one.

Q:  john from miami asks:
Kazuhito Tadano put up some great numbers last year, where will he start the year and what is he projected to do in the majors.
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: The Indians will go to training camp with three openings in their bullpen, and Tadano is a candidate to win one of those spots. His combined numbers at three different levels last year were spectacular. He'll either open the year in Cleveland or at Buffalo, but is expected to make his major league debut at some point during the 2004 season.

Q:  Joan from NC asks:
Thanks for doing the chat, Jim. You have a challenge, considering the lengthy, in-depth chat for the White Sox prospects on Wednesday! I've had my eye on Mariano Gomez since I started watching him as a 17-year old at Burlington. Then, he was pretty much just a tall, skinny kid who happened to throw with his left arm. Since the end of 2001, there's been marked improvement. How does the Tribe High Command view his potential and where does he rank?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Gomez signed with the Indians when he was 16, and has made tremendous stride since then. He's very intelligent _ he speaks three languages _ but also very emotional on the mound, which can be a disadvantage. He throws in the low 90s, which is rare for a left-hander. The front office liked him enough to put him on the 40-man roster, so they obviously feel he has a future. He'll begin the '04 season in the rotation at Akron.

Q:  Thom from Ann Arbor asks:
Does jhonny peralta have the potential bat to play third or is he limited to shortsecond? With all the proscpects they have, why was ownership against trading milton bradley, who has been a dissapointment for all but his last half season?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Jhonny Peralta is very highly thought of. How much he hits will determine whether he'll eventually be a shortstop or third baseman. He held his own in the majors last season subbing for the injured Vizquel. He's very good defensively at shortstop. If he starts to show increased power, and more run production potential, he will be moved to third base. If not, he'll stay at shortstop. The Indians like him a lot. As for Bradley, I think he could eventually be a candidate for a trade _ particularly when Grady Sizemore is ready _ but I think the Indians right now are so in love with his tools that they want to go a little longer with him and see if what happens if he can have one full season uninterrupted by injury. My opinion is he's a very good player, but he comes with some baggage, and seems to be at the center of controversy more than he should.

Q:  The Dude from Virginia asks:
What is the status of Indians prospect J.D. Martin? I haven't heard anything about him for months. Is he OK physically and do you still consider him MLB-worthy?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: J.D. Martin was shutdown for the last month at Kinston last year, because of an inflammed elbow. They hope a winter of rest and rehab will take care of that. He is still highly thought of, though, by team officials.

Q:  Kevin from Springfield, MA asks:
Are the Indians going to regret letting Rodriguez go in the deal for Ludwick, they seem to be knee deep in OF's?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Funny you should use the word "knee'' in your question. Ludwick's season ended prematurely last year with a knee injury that eventually required surgery. His rehab has gone a little more slowly than expected, so it may be later into the spring when he is up and running at 100 percent. When healthy he showed a knack for being able to hit with runners on base last season, and he's a power right-handed bat, which is a commodity in short supply in the organization. I do believe that trade is a little bit of a gamble, because Rodriguez could develop into a quality starter. But at the time of the trade the Indians thought they had a lot of pitching depth _ but then a couple of months later Brian Tallet and Billy Traber underwent Tommy John surgery.

Q:  Matt from Cleveland asks:
Howdy Jim. Did the following players see their prospect eligibility run out or did they just fail to make the Top 10: Tallet, Traber, Escobar, Ludwick, Lee? Also, about where would the Rule V Draftees (Taveras, Luna, Gonzalez, Urdaneta) have rated if not drafted? Would Taveras have made the Tribes Top 10?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: The qualifications for being considered for the Top 10 prospects list is that the player qualifies as a rookie. Tallet, Traber, Escobar, Ludwick, and Lee are no longer considered rookies, so they were out of the mix. Among the Rule 5 guys you mentioned, none would have been in the top 10, but Taveras and Luna would have been in the top 30.

Q:  Kris from Burlington asks:
How does the organization feel about Corey Smith? Is this a big year for him with the organization?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: I believe this is a very big year for Smith. His defense continues to be a major concern, but he also hasn't had the breakthrough season offensively that they have been waiting for. One thing he has going for him is that there are no third base prospects ahead of him in the organization, and Matt Whitney, the best of those behind him, missed all of last year with a broken leg, and is probably still two or years away from the majors. The Indians signed Casey Blake to keep third base warm for their third baseman of the future. They thought it was going to be Smith, but I think the jury is still out on that one.

How is Matt Whitneys rehab going and can we expect him to advance quicky once healthy? Thanks
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Whitney's rehab is going OK. He's still have some trouble with his mobility, but he has begun baseball related activity. He is slated to play at Lake County this year, but it he may not join the team until sometime after the start of the season. Until then, he'd probably stay in extended spring to continue his rehab.

Q:  John from Hempstead, NY asks:
After a great AFL season, where does Luke Scott fit in on the prospect list?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: I'd say Scott is on the fringes of prospectdom. He had a nice season last year, and another one like it in 2004 would probably move him into a more prominent spot on the radar screen.

Q:  Chip from New Orleans asks:
Which pitcher has the best "stuff" in the minors for the Tribe? Any comments on the best fastball, curveball or out-pitch would be great!
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Jeremy Guthrie probably has best overall stuff of any pitcher in the system. Fernando Cabrera is probably the hardest thrower.

Q:  Scott D. from Akron asks:
It's all about Michael Aubrey- When do you see him making the Tribe? As a starting 1B, dislodging the Ben Travis 2-headed disappointment? Finally, who does he remind you of? High OBP, Good, not great slugging, good glove work... Does this spell John Olerud or should our sights be a bit higher?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: The Aubrey-Olerud comparison is interesting. They are similar style hitters, although Olerud is physically much bigger. I think the Indians would take an Olerud-type career from Aubrey and be delighted.

Q:  Kevin H. from CA asks:
Do you think Sizemore will really step up and be the next big offensive stud or is he more likely to be a unfulfilled potential player who bounces around like Encarnacion.
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: I think Sizemore could be an impact player at the major league level, not because he does any one thing spectactularly, but because he can do a lot of different things. He can run, hit, play defense, and he's an intense competitor. In my opinion those kind of guys are winning players. Sizemore probably isn't going to hit 40 home runs or bat .350 in the majors. But he will be on base a lot when home runs are hit, and I think he'll eventually be a team leader.

Q:  DAT Man from Huntington Beach, CA asks:
My son played High School, Connie Mack and D1 college ball against Ryan Garko and Ben Francisco. Gark and Ben were H.S. Teammates. What do you see as their respective ceilings with depth at both of their respective positions. Love the live chat!!
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Garko may eventually be moved to DH or another position because they like his bat, which is apparently more developed than his defense at the moment. Francisco is more of a doubles hitter than a home run hitter, with good speed, and instincts for the game. Of the two, I think Francisco is considered the better prospect at this point.

Jeremy Guthrie absolutely got lit up in Triple A. In fact one of the Blue Jays prospects Jason Arnold dropped out of their top 10 because of poor results yet Guthrie with worse numbers remains #2, is this because of his stuff or has the Indians system been depleted because of some many guys moving to the majors? Thanks
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Guthrie was as good at Akron as he was bad at Buffalo last year. I think the Indians are giving him a mulligan for the Buffalo stint. Their feeling is that for a guy to even reach Triple-A in his first season of professional baseball is a major accomplishment. Guthrie does have tremendous stuff, and is very intelligent. I think Indians officials feel he'll figure it out for himself at Triple-A and eventually surface on the big league club at some point during the 2004 season.

Q:  Ninetybayou from San Francisco asks:
Where did Sean Smith and Dan Denheam stack up when compiling the top ten list.
 A: 

Moderator: Neither made the top 10, but both were in the next 10. The Indians like both of them.

Who starts at shortstop in 2005, Peralta or Phillips?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Good question. I don't think the Indians even know. It could be either. It could depend on what happens at second base in 2004. If Belliard is just a one-year rental, and Phillips has a good year, Phillips would probably remain there and the '05 shortstop would likely be Peralta. But shortstop is Phillips' original position, and it wouldn't stun me to see him playing there in 2005.

Q:  Tommy from New York asks:
I have season tickets to the Ottawa Lynx of the International League and the Buffalo Bisons don't come into town until the end of April. What are the chances I'm going to miss Sizemore because he is in the opening day lineup for the Indians?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Barring the unexpected, you won't miss Sizemore. He'll play most of the 2004 season at Buffalo.

Q:  Dave from Buffalo, NY asks:
Jim- what about Brandon Phillips? Has much of his lustre worn down or do you feel with a change in attitude he can still be a great player?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Phillips last season had to deal with failure for the first time in his career, and in my opinion he didn't handle it very well. He is a very talented player, very athletic, with a lot of ability. But I think last year he had a stubborn streak and resisted attempts to change his approach to hitting. He pretty much swung for the fences in every at bat, and was easily pitched to, and handled, by major league pitchers. In my opinion he needs to shorten his swing, and realize that he is not going to be a home run hitter at the major league level. I think the Indians did the right thing in signing Ron Belliard to play second base in 2004. That allows them to send the message to Phillips that nothing is going to be handed to him this year. He is going to have to earn a return trip to the majors.

Q:  Andy Czernek from Mukilteo, WA asks:
Jim -- What do you think Eric Wedge's objectives are for 2004? Do YOU think that the team can play .500 ball? Best regards, Andy
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Wedge's objective this year is to win games. Last year it was to develop and evaluate players. If they could win the game while doing so, fine, but winning wasn't the top priority.It is this year. I do think the Indians can play .500 ball. I like their pitching a lot. The biggest problem, as it was last year, will be in scoring runs.

Q:  Dennis from St. Louis asks:
Have the Indians thought of turning Dan Denham into a closer? He seems to have the right mix of pitches.
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Not yet. Pitchers drafted in the first round rarely get moved to the bullpen in the first few years as a professional. That usually comes later, if a pitcher shows a lacks enough pitches, or the endurance to be a starter. Denham is still looked at as a starter for now.

Q:  Mike Marinaro from Tampa, FL asks:
I think Victor Martinez will win the AL batting crown some day. Do you think I'm crazy?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: No. Martinez won two batting titles in the minor leagues. He can hit, plain and simple. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he eventually won a batting title, although it would surprise me if he won it while catching. I personally think that if a player is projected to be an impact hitter you should try to play him at a less physically demanding position than catcher.

1. Who just missed out on being in the top 10?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Nick Pesco, Kazuhito Tadano, Sean Smith, and Francisco Cruceta. I also want to correct something I said earlier. Brian Tallet IS considered a rookie, and is ranked in the 11-20 range among the Indians' top 30 prospects.

Q:  Mike C. from Lynchburg, VA asks:
What current player would you compare Grady Sizemore too? Think he'll get the chance to make an impact on the big-league club sometime in 2004? Thanks!
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: When I ask about Sizemore, I get comparisons to guys like Kirk Gibson and Darin Erstad, both of whom, like Sizemore, are former football players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sizemore get a September callup this year.

Q:  Ross from Columbus, OH asks:
With Bradley, Escobar, Sizemore, and Gerut in the outfield, and CC, Lee, Tallet, Traber, Davis, and Jason Stanford starting, who do you see being the odd man out in both situations?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Tallet and Traber both recently had Tommy John surgery. Neither one will pitch in 2004. Sizemore will start the year at Buffalo. Bradley, Escobar, and Gerut will be on the big league club. Jason Davis will be the No.2 starter behind Sabathia. Stanford will compete for the Nos. 4 or 5 spots in the rotation in spring training.

Who are two 'sleepers' who you expect to be the biggest surprises among Tribe prospects this year?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: That's a really good question. One name that nobody has mentioned in this chat thus far is Fausto Carmona, a big rangy right-hander who had outrageous stats at Lake County last year, and is only 20 years old. I think that Luke Scott is a guy that bears watching. And some of the other pithers at Lake County last year, such as Sean Smith, Shea Douglas, and Todd Pennington are interesting guys.

What do you think about Eric Crozier's chances of playing in the big leagues?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: He has a chance. He's shown some power, which they need. But he probably needs a big year this season to play his way into their plans for the future.

Burlington had a good pitching staff last year led by Adam Miller. What do you think the chances are that Aaron Laffey, Daniel Cevette and Nick Pesco will become prime prospects?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Miller, Laffey, Cevette, and Pesco are already considered prime prospects. The Indians may have more legitimate pitching prospects in their system, top to bottom, than any team in the majors.

Q:  Chris from Sandusky asks:
What is your take on outfielder Ryan Ludwick? I liked what I saw after he came over from Texas. Does he fit anywhere on this team or is he trade bait? Same question different person: CoCo Crisp, all speed, no power, low OBP, poor SBCS ratio.
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Ludwick has power potential, can play all three outfield spots, and is a right-handed hitter, which they need. He could fit somewhere, but not yet as a starter. Crisp's biggest plus is he can hit leadoff, which they need. He's fast, but is still learning how to steal bases. He also needs to draw more walks. I see him and Ludwick as both a notch behind Escobar.

Q:  Adam from Sharon, PA asks:
Being a bigtime Indians fan I hear alot about how loaded the Indians are with prospects, but realistically, how many of these players, and which players beside Sizemore, will end up being all star caliber players at the major league level? Do any of these pitchers have #1 or #2 stuff?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: The reason the Indians feel good about all their prospects is because they know not all of them will make it. But the more you have, the better the chances are that two or three of them will reach the big leagues and have an impact. I don't think anyone is predicting Sizemore will be an All-Star. He could be. But even with a guy like him you never know. Likewise, it's impossible to say which pitchers could be No.1 or 2 starters. All of these players are still developing. A pitcher who wasn't projected as a No.1 or 2 starter a year ago could make dramatic progress in one year, and suddenly be looked at as a top of the rotation guy. The best thing the Indians have going for them isn't just the quality of their prospects, but the quantity. They have a lot of them.

Q:  Carl from Detroit asks:
Hey Jim, the Indians have the 6th pick in the draft this year, I cant remember the last time they had such a high pick (Shuey '92?) any guesses what John Mirabelli will do, take the best player available or play it safe ?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: The last time they had a pick that high was 1992, when they had the second overall pick and took Shuey. I have no idea who or what they will take with the sixth pick this year. Mirabelli's past drafts have shown he has no particular preference, be it pitcher, position player, high school player of college player. One of the luxuries of the Indians' prospect-heavy system now is that they don't have to draft for a need. They can take the player they think is the best one available at that pick.

Q:  Elliot Legow from Youngstown OH asks:
I've been intrigued by the mutliple skills that Nate Panther shows: power, speed and defense. Does he rate as a Top 30 Prospect and where will he start this year? And a similar question about Ben Francisco: will one of them be in Akron? And if not, who fills out the OF for the Aeros if Willy Taveras isn't returned by Houston?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Panther is a Top 30 prospects, and for all the reasons you mentioned. Panther will start the season at Kinston, Francisco at Akron.

Q:  Juan from Fresno, CA asks:
Will Mike Hernandez be on your top 30 list? Is it harder for a relief pitcher to be considered a big prospect since he may not have as much long term value as a starter?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Hernandez is not on the Top 30 list, but not because he isn't a prospect. Indians officials liked him enough to send him the Arizona Fall League. That's a good sign for any prospect.

Is it feasible to see Cabera in a set up role this year? Who is the closer in 2006 Riske or Cabera? Thanks
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Yes. Cabrera will compete for a bullpen spot on the big league club in spring training. It's not out of the question that he could be the closer even as early as 2005.

Q:  Jake from Kenmore, NY asks:
Jim- what would you project the Indians rotation to look like this season?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: The first three are set: Sabathia, Davis, and Lee. The last two spots will be won in spring training. The leading candidates are Jake Westbrook, Jason Stanford, Jason Bere, Jeff D'Amico, and Chad Durbin. If I had to guess now, I'd say Westbrook and Stanford are Nos. 4 and 5.

Q:  Elliot Legow from Youngstown OH asks:
Jim, You mentioned Shaun Larkin, who was old for Lake County last year and would be old for Kinston this year. Yet he led the organization in walks and hit 20 homeruns for the Captains. If the Indians are serious about him as a prospect I'd expect them to move him to Akron this year and find a position for him.
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: The reason Larkin won't start at Akron this year is that Corey Smith will be the third baseman there. At least to start the season. If Smith improves, he would be moved to Buffalo, and Larkin would be a candidate to move to Akron.

Q:  Adam from Sharon PA asks:
One of my favorite minor leaguers to follow has been Jason Cooper, he seems to be a hitting machine at every stop. What are Jason's projections at the major league level (.280-.360-30-100?) and does he have star potential?
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: Cooper had a big year last season, and Indians officials are very high on him. They love his intensity, his power, and his work ethic. He also has surprising speed for a power hitter. He projects as being a bigger run producer at the major league level than does Sizemore.

Q:  Jeff from Los Angeles asks:
What's going on with Ben Francisco out of UCLA? He did really well in 2002, but I didn't hear much about him in 2003.
 A: 

Jim Ingraham: He broke the hamate bone in his hand during spring training, and missed the first half of the season. After he recovered from that he played at Lake County, and had a nice year: .287, 11 homers 48 RBI and 15 stolen bases in 289 at bats. Thanks to everyone for taking part in this chat. You overwhelmed me with your knowledge about the Indians' prospects. I enjoyed it. Thanks again.